Built before 1648 at the site where it had been a chapel built by the Indian Maretin and a church in honor of St. Bartholomew. At the turn of the century. The nineteenth century. XX was already in ruins and threatened to collapse. Part of the church would have been felled by order of Sousândrade writer who lived in a house in the square and had his view of pasaigem hampered by the tower.